The Mill at Mapledurham is the only mill on the Thames still working and producing high-quality stone-ground flour. A mill was here at the time of the Domesday Survey. The core of the present building dates from the 15th century. It was increased in size in the 1670s, when the second waterwheel on the village side was added, and again around 1700. A new barn was added on the island in 1777. The Mill continued in work until just after the Second World War and was restored and brought back into use in 1980.
On The estate is the beautiful riverside church of St Margret's, which contains the 'Bardolf Aisle', the final resting place for the Lords and Ladies of Mapledurham House since 1395. There are also a number of beautiful cottages available for holidaying throughout the year.
The Estate Office,
Reading RG4 7TR